Thursday, June 9, 2011

Adam Ford

Adam Ford
blog: http://adamscreation.blogspot.com/
image copyright Adam Ford

10 Questions With Adam Ford


1.... who is your favorite artist?

CRMK (Bengus) (link), and really all of the Udon artists (link). I really like Eric Canete (link), Joe Olson (link), and Justin Parpan (link), to name a few.


2.... do you offer workshops for artists?

I used to teach figure drawing at Brigham Young University, and the Bridge Academy (r.i.p.)


3.... what do you like to listen to while you work?


www.rcrdlbl.com


4.... what medium and tools do you use to create your art?

I sketch out my stuff using a lead mechanical pencil with kneaded eraser. After scanning it in, I use Photoshop and Painter.

5.... during an average week how many hours a day / week do you work on creating art?

Approximately 30hrs a week


6.... are you working your dream job?

Yep


7.... do you feel its important for others to pursue their dream jobs?

Yes, I firmly believe in the message of those that want it most will get it. I have seen a lot of talented people bow out before they amounted to their full potential. I have seen a lot of underdogs rise above the fray through sheer willpower and hard work.

8.... where can people see your work (online, conventions or exhibits)?

My blog: adamscreation.blogspot.com

I also have games that feature a lot of my heart and soul: Infinity Blade (link) on most iDevices, Capoeira Fighter 3 (link), Death Vegas (link), Guardians of Altarris (link), and Robot Unicorn attack (link)


9.... was there a certain moment that you knew you wanted to be an artist?

There was an exact moment in time when I knew I wanted to be an artist. When I was in Kindergarten, I won an art contest about reading and books. At that moment I labeled myself subconsciously as a good artist.


10.... is there anything else you would like to add or say to other artists?

Work smart and hard. I see a lot of artist that don't truly observe life. They look at it through the lens of another artists craft. Draw what you see for yourself. Look to other artists for solutions to visual problems, but don't look at their art as the solutions themselves. Go to local theatre, sporting events, and parks. Inspiration is everywhere. If you are not inspired to make something you are getting out, reading or interacting with people enough.

This next part is going to come out really bad but it has to be said. I know a lot of artists that say they work hard but never really draw or produce art. Steve Brodner told me once that everyone has about 10,000 bad drawings in them. When you draw, you exercise one of those bad drawings out of your system. So keep drawing. If you aren't going to work hard, don't fool yourself. Move onto something that you can make a living on. I have seen a lot of people that string loved ones to their dead dreams for too long. This can be a huge financial burden and can end families. If you have been turned down by a program or job three or more times, maybe you would do better off somewhere else. The nice thing about art is all you need is a paper and pencil to get your game on.

Adam Ford
blog: http://adamscreation.blogspot.com/
image copyright Adam Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment