Wednesday, March 7, 2012

John Pinkerton

John Pinkerton
deviantart: pinkertonfx.deviantart.com/gallery/
deviantart: theforgottenfriends.deviantart.com/
tumbler: pinkerton-design.tumblr.com/
image copyright John Pinkerton

10 Questions With John Pinkerton

1.... who is your favorite artist?

Favorite artist huh...hmmm well I'm going to name the two that influenced my art the most as a child... Don Bluth (link) for his amazing style and Jack Davis (link) for his amazing monster art I loved so much as a child.

2.... do you offer workshops for artists?

I have taught a few in the past but never exactly knew how to set something like that up. If you want to help organize one with me Id gladly set up a few workshops :D hahaha!

3.... what do you like to listen to while you work?

Honestly Im a bit of an odd ball when it comes to listening to things while I work. My noise of choice is usually silence hahaha! but if there would be something playing it would be old movies that I love and know scene for scene.

4.... what medium and tools do you use to create your art?

Anything I can get my hands on! My art takes me to allot of places with my creativity but if I were to narrow it down a bit I will say my medium of choice is sculpture and the tools would be clay and a variety of different sculpting tools from spool tools to wire brushes.

5.... during an average week how many hours a day / week do you work on creating art?

Im usually creating or working on my art between 8 and 12 hours a day on average. I do take a few days off now and then but I really enjoy the process.

6.... are you working your dream job?

Yes and no... It can be very hard doing what I do and keeping on track to keep your fans and clients happy. It's a juggling act and allot of times life can get in the way. But with that said yes i love what I do and would never give it up for anything! I'm always pushing boundaries with my art to help me improve.


7.... do you feel its important for others to pursue their dream jobs?

Yes i do... Dream jobs are a great goal to have even if you never 100% reach them you will have reached many other goals in that journey. Who knows you may even find something better along the way :D

8.... where can people see your work (online, conventions or exhibits)?

Currently most of my work can be viewed on sites like Deviant Art etc but I do allot of gallery exhibits and conventions throughout the year. My work pops up in magazines and stores from time to time and I even pop on the Food Network :D I get around...lol

9.... was there a certain moment that you knew you wanted to be an artist?

Honestly ever since i was a child i dreamed of creating things. I never knew you could do what I do and make a living at it. The school counselors never tell you these things hahaha! If there was an exact moment I would say it was when I picked up a kids magazine called Dynamite (yes i know) and read an article about Don Post Studios.

10.... is there anything else you would like to add or say to other artists?

Not too much more to add except to never settle and always try to one up yourself! The moment you think you know everything is the moment you probably need to find a new profession :D
John Pinkerton
deviantart: pinkertonfx.deviantart.com/gallery/
deviantart: theforgottenfriends.deviantart.com/
tumbler: pinkerton-design.tumblr.com/
image copyright John Pinkerton

No comments:

Post a Comment