Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Scott Cummins

Scott Cummins
website: www.pumpkingutter.com
images copyright Scott Cummins

10 Questions With Scott Cummins
1.... who is your favorite artist?

That one is too difficult.


2.... do you offer workshops for artists?

None so far.


3.... what do you like to listen to while you work?

Lately, I just turn on the tv. Talk radio is also good. I've actually kind of moved away from listening to music while I'm working.

4.... what medium and tools do you use to create your art?

For the pumpkins, I use knives and ribbons tools like the ones used for clay.


5.... during an average week how many hours a day / week do you work on creating art?

I'm an art teacher so, in a way, I work in the general arena of art all day. Actually creating art, maybe 3 hours a day.
6.... are you working your dream job?

I don't know if I would say that. But I can say that I don't sit around dreaming of doing anything else. I don't know if I ever had a "dream job" in mind.


7.... do you feel its important for others to pursue their dream jobs?

I'm one of these people who never really knew what he wanted to do for a career. I still just decide what I want to do for that week or even that day. So I guess I think one should realize how fortunate they are if they have a firm idea of what they want to do.

8.... where can people see your work (online, conventions or exhibits)?

I post my pumpkins in an online gallery at pumpkingutter.com. I also accept one or two events every season for a live-carving performance. When appropriate, I post those dates online.


9.... was there a certain moment that you knew you wanted to be an artist?

I became an artist without deciding to. I wanted to learn how to make things from an early age and I guess I still feel the same way.


10.... is there anything else you would like to add or say to other artists?


Nothing's coming to mind. =)
Scott Cummins
website: www.pumpkingutter.com
images copyright Scott Cummins

No comments:

Post a Comment